Jane Eyre Part Two
This chapter engages with the different and competing interpretations of the novel formed by Marxist, Feminist and Post-Colonial critical approaches.
- Just download the worksheet - add, change or remove questions to suit your student groups. Easy Edit Jane Eyre (Part 2) Worksheet
- Print out the pdf worksheet right away. Easy Print Jane Eyre (Part 2) Worksheet
The summary covers the main points in the chapter, downloading them and listening will remind you of the content of the full chapter.
Using the summaries here as a starting point you can develop your own unique study guide.
Respond to questions/themes raised in the summary using the following:
- The novel – find evidence to support your point, you don’t have to agree with the speaker but you will require evidence. Find examples, read passages to illustrate your points
- Other sources – who are the critics? Look in the Further Reading section for some suggestions to start with
- Class notes, use what you have learned and discussed
- Essay questions – you can use a practise question as a place to begin developing a response, this can be done in small groups or individually.
Once you have your evidence this can be recorded and combined with the material from the audio summary, generating a revision tool purpose built by you. Download the summary mp3 into an editing programme, once you have it on a timeline you can easily add in your own information to meet your particular needs.
Next: Independent Study